Assist your camping experience go efficiently and bring the best things with you.
Being prepared is essential to a successful camping journey. And all of us understand that less is more in the great outdoors. Whether you have an RV or are devoted to tent outdoor camping, the fewer things to haul makes every journey more satisfying.
Here are some valuable pointers on how to pack all you will need in the most efficient way possible.
Waterproof your Matches
- Wet and/or damaged matches are of no great to anybody on an outdoor camping trip. Keeping matches in a plastic box keeps them from getting crushed. You can also waterproof your matches by dipping the head of them in melted candlelight wax. They are still able to strike against the box however are secured from moisture.
Rolling it Out!
- When loading up your clothes for an outdoor camping journey getting whatever as compact as possible is crucial. Instead of folding your clothing, try rolling them to save space.
Powder Drink Mixes
- Instead of lugging around various bottles of your favorite beverage bring powdered blends to include into the water. A lot of camping sites have access to water, so just bring a multiple-use bottle and make whatever consume you desire! If you do not have a water source you would still just need to bring jugs of water to sip on!
- Put that jug of water to another usage by strapping a headlamp to it. This creates an immediate light source that makes certain to brighten your camping tent.
DYI Ice Packs
- Freeze gallon size jugs filled with water and shop in the cooler to act as an ice bag. They will remain cool for a while in the freezer and then can be used for drinking water when melted (Moral of the story conserve your gallon size containers and reuse them!)
Premade Food Mixes
- To made fireside meals simpler, prepare food mixes such as eggs and pancake mix in advance. Rather of lugging all of the ingredients to the website or attempting to secure a fragile container of eggs, premake pancake mix and beaten eggs and shop it in recycled water bottles for simple storage, put, and clean up!
- Make your own Firestarter by stuffing bathroom tissue rolls with leftover dryer lint. This upcycle DYI is sure to get your campfire going!
Keep it Spicy
- Bring along all of the spices you need by saving them in plastic straws. Clamp and melt one end of the straw with a lighter and fill with the desired spice and repeat at the other end.
- If you remain in a pinch and need a fire starter, Nacho Cheese Doritos work well as a way to get your campfire going. Plus they function as a snack!
Single Use Soap
- If you do not wish to use the same bar of soap for the entire journey but also do not wish to carry around hand/ body soap make some single-use soap peels. Take a bar of soap and a potato peeler and shave off little soap curls. Shop them in a Ziploc bag and utilize them for handwashing, or for bathing.