You most likely guessed it from the title, however, let’s remove all doubt and just get it out there: We went Keto.
We made this modification since Keto has been known to minimize swelling, boost energy levels, minimize hunger, and turn our bodies into fat-burning makers. We’ve been working really hard on our physical fitness and desired to do something to assist us to burn extra fat and ideally finally have the ability to see the muscles we’ve been working so hard to construct.
And since we’re going camping this Labor Day Weekend, we found it necessary to build a 4-Day Keto Camping Meal plan.
What is Keto?
The Ketogenic Diet, typically known as Keto, is a VERY low carbohydrate diet. By low carb, I indicate that we keep our Net Carbohydrates (Total Carbohydrates minus Fiber) to less than 40 grams each day. This sounds like an obstacle, and I ‘d be lying if I stated it was a walk in the park, but there are lots of scrumptious Ketogenic dishes on the web by some fabulous Keto and Low Carb blog writers.
When you eat a low carbohydrate diet for long enough, your body burns all of the carbohydrates it has accumulated and changes over to burning fat for fuel instead of carbohydrates. This state is called Ketosis, and it takes about 3-7 days to reach it. As soon as you reach ketosis, however, and the longer you remain there, the more fat your body will burn.
We by no ways prepare to adhere to a Ketogenic diet forever, but it is a beneficial tool to have in our toolbox to burn fat with.
I recognize not everyone is Keto, so this will not appeal to every one of you, however, if you are, ideally, I’ve just made your life easier!
My meal plans are really comprehensive, however, besides that, they are developed to:
Optimize Efficiency: These meals are developed to need extremely little real active cooking time, so you have more time to devote to your family.
Usage of Regular Foods: They’re likewise extremely wallet-friendly, with the exception of steak on one of the nights. Your spending plan will thank you.
Incorporate Shelf-Stable Items: As much as possible, utilize canned or packaged items that do not require refrigeration. This indicates fewer items you need to keep cold in coolers.
This time we are camping for 4 days and 3 nights, which requires a moderate amount of food (unlike last year’s 7-day adventure). We currently camp with a refrigerator (yay, glamping!) but if you are camping with coolers, take note of these tips:
- Cook Everything You Possibly Can Before Leaving: Raw meat spoils faster, so if you can prepare it ahead of time, then freeze it prior to leaving, that meat will help keep everything cold and remain cooler longer.
- Start Early: Packing coolers with tougher products on the bottom, more fragile items on top, and grouping products by meals will make your life a lot simpler!
Purchase a Great Cooler: If you’re camping for more than a night or two, food safety ends up being truly essential. I highly recommend RTIC coolers, since they keep food cold as long as YETI coolers, but at half the price.
- Utilize a Prep Checklist: All of my totally free camping meal strategies (including this one) have Preparation Checklists consisted of to help you, so ensure you download and use them!
In order to make things as simple as possible, I suggest gathering the following products for meal prep + the real journey:
Generally, I don’t suggest particular food, but because this Ketogenic Camping Meal Plan is highly specialized, there are a few items that this meal plan (almost) needs:
Recipes for the Ketogenic Camping Meal Plan
You’ll need the following recipes. Some of these are here on SMC (SavingMoneyCamping.com) and others are on my Food/Fitness Site, so don’t be terrified when they open in a brand-new website. Still my content🙂
- Crockpot Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake (THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb, Grain-free)
- Copycat Waffle McGriddles (THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb)
- Keto Copycat Jimmy John’s Unwiches (THM:S, Low Carb, Ketogenic, Grain-Free)
- Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza (THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb, Grain-free)
- Fathead Pretzel Dogs (THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb, Grain-free)
- Loaded Mashed Cauliflower (THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb, Grain-free)
- Keto Burrito Bowls (THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb, Grain-free)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Broccoli Soup (THM:S, Ketogenic, Low Carb, Grain-free)
Prep Checklist for the Ketogenic Camping Meal Plan
- Make Keto Maple Waffles
- Make Fathead Pizza Dough
- Cook and Shred Chicken for pizza
- Make Fathead Pretzel dogs & Freeze
- Make Mashed Cauliflower
- Marinate and cook chicken for Burrito Bowls
- Chop onions, tomatoes, and cilantro for Burrito Bowls
Desserts and Snacks
I’ve left space on the Meal Plan and Preparation List for you to write in any extra beverages, snacks for the kids, or desserts that you might want to add.
Here’s what’s currently on the meal strategy:
- Ham, Cream Cheese and Pickle Rollups
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Fathead Pretzel dogs
- Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Broccoli Soup
Till next time!